Microsoft OneDrive Review

Allows us to share documents without the need of extra hardware

What is our primary use case?

In our business, we usually use Microsoft OneDrive for file sharing without the need for additional hardware (such as flash drives or external hard drives). Working in an engineering company, OneDrive is useful when submitting documents to clients.

How has it helped my organization?

OneDrive has improved our organization since it has allowed us to share files without the need of an intricate intranet connection. We just use an internet connection.

What is most valuable?

What I find the most valuable is that while working with documents saved in the cloud, they autosave. This saves considerable time and ensures that your documents will not be lost.

I also love that it comes pre-installed with Windows 8 and 10. This saves time since we do not need to install any software to start saving or sharing documents.

What needs improvement?

The website could be improved. Sometimes I try to login and the website has issues, I can't retrieve my documents.

Also, I would love it if Excel documents saved with a password, since it would represent double document security.

I have not had any problems.

I have not had any problems.

I have used iCloud as well. However, I switched away from it because I am using a Windows operative system. OneDrive's compatibility is much better than Apple iCloud.

It was extremely easy to setup.

Using this software, it has had an amazing impact moneywise on our business. It allows us to share documents without the need of extra hardware.

Costwise, it is a great option. In most cases, it is a free space, which will be more than enough for most customers.

I evaluated using Google Drive. However, it was a bit pricey, so I decided on using OneDrive.

What other advice do I have?

I believe Microsoft OneDrive is one of the best cloud storage options in the market. I would advice not storage sensitive information since it could be prone to hacking, but it is a great solution for document sharing.