Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse Review

Stable with good technical support and great BI tools

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using the solution to convert to different dashboards and to collect all of the metrics and data.

What is most valuable?

Most features on the SQL Server are quite useful to us. Its temporary functionality and the partitioning, searching, etc., are great.

Tools like the BI and SAS are excellent.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to connect something like ES that I can use on objects on our SQL Server.

We'd like to be able to understand how to export data to something like Semantic Technologies or like Graph DB. Some sort of easy export functionality would be a useful addition to the product.

The solution should offer better integration capabilities with other tools and languages.

For different deployment, companies may use different scripts. Sometimes we use SQL server data tools, however, sometimes we don't and it's not fast enough. There could be a bit of improvement in that regard.

We find the cost of the solution to be a little high.

I've been dealing with the solution for around ten years. It's been a decade.

The solution is stable. We have been using it for ten years and it hasn't given us any issues. I can't recall if there are bugs or glitches. The solution doesn't crash on us, or freeze. It's pretty reliable.

We've never had issues scaling if we needed to. If a company needs to scale, they can do so rather easily using this product.

We've reached out to technical support in the past and we've been very satisfied with their level of service. They are knowledgeable and responsive.

The pricing is a bit expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the product.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten overall. It's never given us issues in terms of scaling or stability. Technical support is quite good. It offers some great features.

More Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Oracle Database Appliance
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.