Microsoft Power Automate Review

Easy to use and deploy but needs better documentation

What is our primary use case?

The use cases for the solution would be banking related, typically, and specifically surrounding BFS, Banking Financial Services.

What is most valuable?

The sequencer programming mode's ease of use is its most valuable aspect. The ease of calling out the functions in a sequence, basically from the functional side, is great.

What needs improvement?

The solution lacks certain items.

I'm not really qualified for judging the solution. A developer could give better pros and cons.

We would not miss Microsoft Power Automation that much. As still has a long way to cover tasks when it comes to the ease of use like UiPath, which is pretty user-centric.

The solution needs to improve its integration with SAP and Oracle models.

The solution's automation is still evolving and still has a way to go.

The solution could benefit from mirroring Oracle's use of videos and community forums to help users get acquainted with the product. It could use better online training and/or documentation.

We've been using the solution (as Softomotive) for four years now. It's only recently become Microsoft Power Automate. Previously, Microsoft didn't have a similar solution.

The solution is pretty stable.

The solution is scalable, but there are issues. It's not perfect.

We have about 100 users on the solution currently.

We do plan to increase the usage of the product in the future. However, we do have our own internal tool we also plan on using more often.

I myself have not contacted technical support. It's the development team that does any outreach, so I cannot answer on their behalf.

The initial setup was not complex. It was pretty straightforward.

In terms of deployment, how long it takes varies. It depends upon the nature of the use case. Usually, it ranges between six weeks to 12 weeks. We used ten to 12 people for the deployment process.

We handled the implementation internally with our own team members. We didn't need the assistance of integrators, or consultants.

There are licensing costs, however, I do not know the exact pricing. It's not part of my scope of work.

What other advice do I have?

We're simply customers. We don't have a business relationship with the solution.

We use the solution, however, not in its full capacity. It's just there as and when there is a need. The product earlier was in Softomotive. Microsoft just took over Softomotive, which has WinAutomation, so yes, technically, it is now Microsoft.

We're using an earlier version of the solution, not necessarily the latest.

I'd recommend the solution. We don't have very complex use cases to compare it to, however, for small to medium complexity projects, it would work well.

Overall, I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

More Microsoft Power Automate reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Power Automate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.