Microsoft Power Automate Review

Stable, Scalable, easy to install and deploy, and good support

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers and sometimes we implement solutions.

It's a component of Microsoft 365.

We use this solution to match some documents or spreadsheets, to match data from one spreadsheet with another, and to download and load invoices.

We also use it for an approval flow.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the automation interface and the RPA automation.

What needs improvement?

The BPM component needs improvement.

Microsoft doesn't have certification training for Microsoft Power Automate, like other solutions such as UiPath, Kofax, and Automation Anywhere. All of these products have certification training available.

Power Automate is part of a suite called Power Platform.

Power Automate can integrate into a business intelligence component like Power BI, a flow component like Flow, and a bot component like Virtual Agents.

Power Automate can make that cross to these components for better results of all the data that the client wants to see, and wants to automate.

I have been working with this solution for almost two years.

It's very stable, it doesn't have any crashes.

The only issue is when we don't have an internet connection, it crashed because it's a cloud solution and not on-premises.

It has many connectors to other vendors or other components or other programs that make the solution scalable.

It is very easy to deploy with other vendors like Power Automate versus SAP. You can connect SAP with Power Automate very easily and extract information from the SAP environment.

It's a scalable solution.

Our clients are medium-sized companies. We have anywhere from 16 to 100 users.

Microsoft has the team to analyze every incident. In my experience, they have teams that can process incidents for my clients.

I am satisfied with technical support.

The initial setup was easy and it took a week or two weeks to deploy.

We have a team of two or three people to deploy and maintain this solution.

Our clients also evaluated UiPath and Automation Anywhere.

UiPath and Automation Anywhere are leaders in Gartner Magic Quadrant. Microsoft is the challenger.

Our clients are aware of these evaluations.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others, but first, they should evaluate it. Do a PoC of the tool and evaluate the business purpose. Review the results before making the purchase.

In the beginning, Power Automate was called Flow, and it was very basic to easy to manage. During the last year, there have been many improvements from Microsoft that have taken it to the next level and can compete with UiPath and Automation Anywhere.

I would rate Microsoft Power Automate an eight out of ten.

More Microsoft Power Automate reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Power Automate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.