Microsoft Power Automate Review

Easy to use, good for building workflows, and automates manual tasks

What is our primary use case?

We use Power Automate to build applications for business users. Examples of this are workflow applications and business process applications. Sometimes, we need to copy data or get data from other systems and we try to use Power Automate to do some lightweight RPA work.

How has it helped my organization?

Power Automate has allowed us to simplify the business process and improve operational efficiency. For example, we used to manually copy data in Excel from one system to another. This solution automatically copies and manipulates the data between systems and files as we need it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the Flow and the UI Flow. Flow is used for workflow automation, and UI Flow is used as an RPA solution.

This product is very easy to use.

RPA has introduced a lot of new features include computer automation, AI, and third-party certified application integration.

What needs improvement?

There is an RPA feature gap between this solution and other more mature products. UiPath is an example of another RPA solution that is more developed.

We began using Microsoft Power Automate almost one year ago, although it was rebranded only about two months ago. It was formerly known as Flow and they have added RPA features to it.

We contact Microsoft directly for support.

We also have experience with UiPath. They have been in the lead for several years and are very experienced in RPA.

This is a cloud-based solution and all you need is an account to use it. There is no initial setup. If you don't have an account or a subscription then you can just buy it online, which is easy to do.

We have our own team, in-house.

What other advice do I have?

Power Automate is a new solution from Microsoft that provides business workflow features, application features, and RPA features. It is an all-in-one solution and if customers already use Microsoft Office 365 then they can directly and easily integrate it. Vertical integration is also a good choice because Power Automate makes it very simple to do.

More Microsoft Power Automate reviews from users
...who work at a Construction Company
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Power Automate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.