Microsoft PowerApps Review

Straightforward to setup, stable, and the automized processes are useful

What is our primary use case?

We use the Microsoft PowerApps platform to create low-code applications that are used for optimizing internal business processes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is automized processes.

What needs improvement?

The connectors are the main components that reference the data sources, and these need to be improved. They have to both improve the ones that are already there and add new ones.

We have been using this product for a couple of years, since 2018

This is a pretty stable product. So far, we haven't had any critical issues with it.

There are some options for scaling the product but we haven't used them, so I am not sure about scalability. We have approximately 1,000 users.

I would rate the technical support a nine out of ten. They are very good but the response time could be improved.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is a self-service solution, so there is no real deployment. It is a case of enabling that functionality within the Microsoft account, and then telling the people that it is enabled and available. At that point, I think that that they can create their own applications if they need to.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to research the material that is available in the documentation, as well as videos on YouTube. These sources contain a lot of information and recommendations for how to implement and use the platform.

They also have a really good community with Microsoft the websites, where many people post their issues and the solutions as well.

Overall, this is a really good product.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
More Microsoft PowerApps reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with OutSystems
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft PowerApps. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.