Microsoft PowerApps Review

Simple to use data connectivity components, but better integration with other tools is needed

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for Microsoft PowerApps is to develop production-ready applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the simple data connectivity components. With no code, you can use multiple data sources with different software systems.

What needs improvement?

Integration with databases and other tools needs to be improved.

I have been working with Microsoft PowerApps for about three years.

The stability is fine and we have no issue there.

I am a bit concerned about scalability.

I have my own technical support team so we have not had to contact Microsoft technical support.

I have experience with Zoho Creator and I find that the environment is much better. The database integration is better and creating a production-ready app is very straightforward.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

The problem that I am having with Microsoft PowerApps, and other no-code or low-code solutions, is that younger developers are not comfortable with it. They are more comfortable with C# because it gives them more control over what they are doing, and more control over the testing.

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to first conduct a large-scale, enterprise-level project. This way, you will see if the product is scalable enough for your requirements.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Microsoft PowerApps reviews from users