Microsoft Project Review
Combined with a project management methodology such as PMI, it is effective for monitoring and control.
What is our primary use case?
- To manage projects in the area of telecommunications and infrastructure
- The control of time and money is paramount in today's world, with this tool it is possible to assign activities, resources, periods of duration, calculation of costs, calculation of deviations, reporting, among others.
- The monitoring, control and corrective actions are possible with this tool.
How has it helped my organization?
- Lifting of work plans
- Assignment and effective control of the resources of the organization
- The establishment of baselines allows the project leader to take corrective actions in case of deviations.
- It ensures quality and efficiency in each activity.
- Control of project costs.
What is most valuable?
- Application of hierarchies on activities
- Reassignment of resources in case the program detects an excessive workload on a particular resource
- Comparison with the baselines
- The possibility of automating repetitive activities utilizing "Visual Basic for applications"
- Robustes in the calculation of costs
- It's easy to use.
- Combined with a project management methodology such as PMI for example, it is effective for monitoring and control.
What needs improvement?
- The productivity of resources
- The tool allows the allocation of resources to the activities, however, if I want to measure the productivity of someone in particular, it is not so simple.
For how long have I used the solution?
More than five years.
**Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Last updated: Oct 23 2018
More Microsoft Project reviews from users