Microsoft Project Server Review

Easy to expand with good stability and a very nice user interface

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to track milestones on our project.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is very good.

The product is very stable.

The solution is scalable and easy to expand.

What needs improvement?

We noticed that there are some problems or issues working with it. We are finding some workarounds to avoid them. We are not totally satisfied with that solution.

It is related to the calculation of project duration, working hours, and so on. We think that calculations are not working correctly, and there is a need to enter data a couple of times in order to give the correct calculations.

I'm not sure if there are any missing features. I can't recall feeling as if something is lacking.

We've been working with the solution for about one year now.

The solution runs smoothly. It's quite stable and reliable. We don't really see bugs or glitches. There aren't crashes and it doesn't freeze. We have been able to operate it without issues. It's been good in that sense.

The scalability of the product is quite good. If you need to scale it, you can do so. It shouldn't be a problem.

It is not my responsibility to contact technical support. I don't have experience with them. We have internal IT and their responsibility is to support the solution and to maintain everything. If there were issues, it would fall to them to contact technical support for the most part. Therefore, I can't directly speak to the solution's technical support response or capabilities.

I didn't do the installation by myself. My colleague from our company did it instead of me. I'm not sure if the process is straightforward or difficult and I cannot speak to how long deployment took.

I don't have any experience with the pricing or licensing of the solution. I'm not sure what the costs are. It's not a part of my job to worry about the licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I don't have experience with other project management tools. Maybe there are some better solutions, however, I'm not sure what those solutions are.

I would recommend Microsoft Project to other organizations.

In general, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been largely happy with the product.

More Microsoft Project Server reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Broadcom Clarity PPM
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Project Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.