Microsoft Project Server Review

The division between the onsite work On the cloud of is something valuable. The tech support needs improvement.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case would be to reset out projects online during the process and be able to use the Project Pro to run or exhibit projects which are already planned as part of the process of project management.

How has it helped my organization?

It improves the managing function with this product.

What is most valuable?

I think the division between the onsite work on the cloud of Microsoft Office is something valuable. It is used for consulting assignments. I think that people are more used to the Microsoft inner-workings. They use Excel, and the other Office products, so it is easily adaptable. In addition, it is easily used on mobile applications.

I think stability is good but I think there's quite some amount of activity towards integration with SharePoint.  So, the institution in terms of collaborating and sharing projects, I think that's something that needs to be worked on in the future.

In terms of the performance, I think it's something that took a big toll on the service when a lot of people logged in finally, so that's something that can be improved in the future.

They were good, but they took quite some time to resolve a ticket. We figured it out with our own tech support. The issue was a performance issue, so we could see our position taking a longer time to load because it would generally take three seconds. At the max, it was taking more than ten seconds for the application to load. Eventually, we got it resolved through a Microsoft tech service technician on-site.

It was already implemented, but it had to be customized. We did some customization, along with some approvals along with the Share Point. So, it was a little more complex implementation. In terms of creating forms for users to log in with their information, as well as integrating Share Point with Project, we had to research how to create a flow between these two platforms. Initially, there were problems with the integration of the two.

The licensing was procured before my involvement.

I know that there are other solutions in this realm. Gmail is one that others are using right now. They are the main competitor.

People are still have the view that not many of these run through Microsoft project. A lot of these will be running through Agile, so that's the basic difference I've seen in terms of the competitions in my projects.

What other advice do I have?

I think this solution is a more scalable, so people now will start believing that Microsoft can also be used. The comfort of using Microsoft products, which is likely for most of the clients, is that they use Microsoft Office as their primary word processing or data processing tool. I think people have their trust in the Microsoft product line, so I think it's good to give them something because I think it's easier for them to adopt and implement.

1 Comment
David Tate, PMPReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

MS tech support for the MS Project suite of apps is definitely more focused on the Online versions. There is still as significant user base for On Prem and local client applications. I hope that MS will seriously consider providing better support for these users.

04 September 19