Microsoft Sentillion eXpresso Review

The badge reader add-on allows configuration where a doctor/nurse needs to enter the primary password only once per shift.

What is most valuable?

The ability to perform single sign-on for web, Win32 client and emulator applications are valuable features. The badge reader add-on that allows configuration where a doctor/nurse would have to enter the primary password only once per shift is very helpful.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed doctors and nurses to save time by not having to enter password applications. It has increased the password security but at the same time, those doctors and nurses don't need to write down their passwords.

What needs improvement?

There were error messages and application actions when the connection to the appliance was disrupted. When a workstation, especially a shared (kiosk) laptop with wireless connectivity, lost network connectivity, the error message was cryptic and persistent. It confused the user about the action to be taken. Recovery from this state was difficult as well.

I have used this solution for six years.

We encountered some stability issues only related to the connections on laptops that lost the WIFI connection.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

I would give the technical support a 10/10.

We did not use any other solution prior to this one.

It was easy to set it up for standard deployment. The wizard was able to create most single sign-on adaptors but some applications required custom scripting.

We looked at the Imprivata solution.

What other advice do I have?

There is need for education of the local IT and application developers in regards to the impact of UI changes, i.e., if the applications are developed locally.

Also once implemented, there is a great dependency for users that require good support but this speaks of the utility of the product.