Microsoft SMS Review

Reliable, stable, and free with our subscription

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Authenticator as well as Microsoft SMS Authenticator. Normally, we enable MFA for all users who have email access and application access. Users can choose which authenticator they want to use. Based on their convenience, they enable Microsoft Authenticator or Microsoft SMS Authenticator. Almost 80% to 90% of users use Microsoft SMS Authenticator. Users who travel a lot choose Microsoft Authenticator.

We are using the latest version. It is updated by default, and we don't have to update the application. It is also automatically updated on mobile.

What is most valuable?

It has been working for us, and it has never been down so far.

What needs improvement?

Its dashboard can be improved and made a little bit better.

I have been using this solution for the last two years.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

We didn't have any issues or concerns. Therefore, we have never raised a ticket for Microsoft SMS Authenticator.

The initial setup is very easy. You have to enable MFA on the portal for a user. You have to put a user's phone number, select the user, and then specify that you want to give all three SMSs.

It comes free with the Microsoft account. We have a yearly agreement, and all products are covered under it.

What other advice do I have?

We plan to keep using Microsoft SMS Authenticator.

I would rate Microsoft SMS an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud