Microsoft System Center Review

Very efficient, easy to implement, mature and stable

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is responsibility for the implementation and support of this product. I am always involved in the architecture and the design operations. We have several thousand users. I am the Chief Operating Officer and we are partners with Microsoft.

What is most valuable?

I like the operation perspective that enables our team to carry out actions quickly. For example, the OS deployment, upgrades and remote control.

What needs improvement?

We recently carried out a complex implementation and I was part of the official design team for that project. The most difficult area we faced was the requirement of having one central system center that deployed in one domain, capable of managing and controlling the end user devices. We were using authentication based on certificates and it was difficult to do the work based on certificates from different domains. I would like to see a simplification of the implementation and integration in the case of multi-tenant environments.

I've been using this solution for over 10 years.

We've been using Microsoft products for many years and they are mature and very stable.

When we need Microsoft support, it's the customer that needs to log the case, then we handle the case with the support team from Microsoft.

Initial setup is very straightforward. Microsoft has excellent documentation, step-by-step documentation that clarifies the implementation procedure. The difficulty in our case was that it was not a traditional implementation for System Center. It was an implementation based on the new architecture, which is not mature enough yet to support multi-tenant environments.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

More Microsoft System Center reviews from users