Microsoft Teams Review

Microsoft Teams for Scrum during the Pandemic

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for communications.

How has it helped my organization?

In regards to COVID and the Pandemic, we would not be able to do our regular job without this mechanism in place.

We do our regular scrum meetings using Microsoft Teams.

We have meetings with the entire company every week. There are hundreds of people connected and it works perfectly in terms of linking people together, showing some content, and showing some slides.

What is most valuable?

I am not familiar with all of the features yet, but some of the features I find to be most valuable are the visual conference call. We all see our videos as well as audios.

The quality is much better than it is with Skype.

There is more clarity and everything is crisper.

We have not been using the collaboration part as much, as we are focusing on the communications rather than document sharing.

The communication part has been excellent so far.

What needs improvement?

While we are still familiarizing ourselves with the features, although I would say that there could be some improvements with some additional stability. For some who connect, and do not have a good connection from home or the internet is not as good, it needs a bit more stability.

On rare occasions, it freezes and some people will lose sound or they could lose video. It needs better handling.

It needs to be more robust in terms of stability.

It's still a fairly new product, so they may still improve this a little.

I have been using Microsoft Teams for a few days.

We are using the Teams business version, which is the one that is offered with the 365 premium package.

There are some issues with stability and it could be improved.

We are using Skype Enterprise but in two or three months, Skype is going to be decommissioned for us. The IT department has been using Microsoft Teams.

We have a local client installed. The software is installed on our desktop and updated to the most recent version whenever it's available.

The initial setup is simple, but if you are a government agency, you have to make it more secure and more robust.

There are additional purchases necessary to secure it in a government agency where you don't want to share a document or expose documents that may be private.

If you have content that requires more security and you want to use it in a more secure manner, with more protection, then it will come at a higher cost. You have to set your environment up with additional features, such as multifactor authentication and identity protection, which are not available in the basic plan. Instead, they can be purchased additionally from Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody interested in Microsoft Teams is that it's a good product and they should hire some consulting services that are specialists if they are serious about implementing it the correct way.

At this time, Microsoft Team fulfills everything we need.

More Microsoft Teams reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with WebEx Social [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Teams. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.