Microsoft Teams Review

Helpful chat feature and integrates well with our environment, but the user interface needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use Teams for customer team meetings and partner team meetings. We also use it for internal communication.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is the chat. It is what I use the most because if I have to reach a team member, given that we are all working remotely, it is the easiest way to do it.

What needs improvement?

The user interface needs to be improved. After six months of working with it, I still find the UI a little clunky when it comes to sharing content and moving around between features like the calendar and files. Sometimes, when I'm on a call and somebody asks if I can share a file or a link, I find it clunky to get to where those pieces are. Overall, navigation is a little sticky.

We have been using Microsoft Teams for about six months.

For what we do, it is absolutely stable. We have an enterprise team and it is used constantly.

We have had some fairly large meetings on here and I think that it scales fine.

I have never needed to contact technical support.

Prior to using Teams, we were using WebEx. We still use WebEx from time to time, but for the most part, we use Teams. It is better for us because Teams is integrated with all of the backend Microsoft environment that we already have. For example, we use SharePoint, ShareFile, and others. It has files integrated as well, so we can place internal files for review on Teams.

WebEx is more of a platform just for jumping on a call with a few people.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Microsoft Teams reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with WebEx Social [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Teams. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.