Microsoft Teams Review

Great for collaboration, easy to integrate with other applications, and very stable

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for office meetings.

What is most valuable?

The solution is perfect for meeting purposes, which is how we mainly use it.

The product has the capability to allow me to do recordings of any session which is very helpful. When the meetings are happening, I'm also able to text with people as a secondary form of communication.

I can use the calendar aspect with it to track my day and to know what I'm going to do.

For collaboration purposes, it's been very, very handy to use, and it's great for chat purposes. It's nice to not always have to pick up the phone when you can just chat via teams instead.

You can easily integrate with other applications quite easily.

What needs improvement?

There's definitely room for improvement.

With respect to security, there needs to be more work done. I was surprised, for example, yesterday, when my daughter was able to use my Microsoft Teams interface for her schoolwork. I was surprised that they could do that, because I believe it was only for my own personal use.

In order to avoid others using it, it needs a password of its own. I don't know how to do that. Maybe Microsoft can make it so that there is a provision for multi-users on a particular system.

I've heard that hackers are beginning to jump on meetings like they were on Zoom previously. This needs to be addressed immediately.

I've been using the solution for the past two to three years at this point.

The solution is very stable. It doesn't have any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's great.

I've never tried to scale it personally, however, I do believe it would be possible to do so.

Microsoft's technical support for Teams is fantastic. We're quite satisfied with its level of service. They are very responsive and knowledgeable.

Our organization may have previously used WebEx. I believe we also used Skype occasionally.

I use a few different solutions right now. I use Zoom practically every day, even with my kids at home. I use Microsoft Teams for office meetings practically every day. I'll be joining a session very soon, and I'll be using Cisco Webex for that. It varies as to which I use. I'm not exclusively on Teams.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer of the solution. We aren't a reseller.

We have the solution in house, so we have an Azure engineer in-house.

I'd recommend the solution; it's a fantastic product.

I'd rate it eight out of ten overall.

More Microsoft Teams reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with WebEx Social [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Teams. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.