Microsoft Teams Review

Easily scalable, good Skype features and excellent stability

What is our primary use case?

We are training an education company, so we primarily use the solution for this. We use it as a business communication tool among team members.

What is most valuable?

In terms of administrating through Office 365, I like the administration panel. The configuration is easy and powerful. Its integration within Microsoft is very good.

There is a new Skype feature in Teams that is excellent.

What needs improvement?

The mobile application needs improvement. There are a lot of features on the web and desktop versions that aren't implemented yet on mobile.

It would be nice if more education features were added in future releases.

I've been using the solution for about a year or so.

The solution is very stable; we haven't had any issues.

The solution is very easy to scale.

We have never contacted technical support.

We previously used Microsoft's Yammer, but we've since switched to Teams.

The initial setup was straightforward. We simply enabled it and downloaded the software, then sent the link to everyone, so deployment was very quick. Since we have 6,000 people in the company, we deploy it in batches to teams. The deployment isn't finished quite yet.

We are handling the implementation ourselves.

We use the solution for free since we are an education company. If we need to deploy the solution to our conference rooms we would need to pay, but we don't need to do that right now.

What other advice do I have?

We use the mobile, desktop and web versions of the solution and we use the cloud deployment model. We're partners with Microsoft.

In terms of advice, I'd recommend others carefully plan the project before implementing the solution. Figure out how you can test it and make other people comfortable with using the product before they receive it. Microsoft actually provides very good guides that can help.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.