Microsoft Virtual Server Review

Good monitoring, self-service, and administration features

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for virtualizing all of our environment.

We have between 80 and 85 apps that run our core services. We are an insurance company and we have a lot of internal apps.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution helps us because our data center is in another part of the country, and we do not have to travel to work on it. I can do things remotely from my desk.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are monitoring, and the self-service that they have for a customized environment.

The administration is very good.

What needs improvement?

The response time from technical support could be faster.

The price of this product could be better.

Our offices began using Microsoft Virtual Server about five years ago.

This is a stable product and we use it on a daily basis. For the most part, it works very quickly.

For our environment, the level of scalability is fine. We have approximately 50 users.

I would rate technical support a nine out of ten. If the response time were quicker then it might be perfect.

The initial setup was really easy.

We hired an integrator to assist us with the implementation and deployment.

It is a one-time cost and there are no licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to hire external, trained professionals with the correct skills for these specific products.

In summary, this is a good product and although it has issues, they are minimal. From my perspective, I think that everything is going well.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Microsoft Virtual Server reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, NextAxiom, Inuvika and others in Application Virtualization. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.