Microsoft Virtual Server Review

We don't have a large infrastructure. Just a single VM server with network switches and a firewall.

What is our primary use case?

We are an engineering firm, so we're using Microsoft Virtual Server for engineering, drafting, and administration.

How has it helped my organization?

We're a pretty small business, so we don't have a large infrastructure. Just a single VM server with network switches and a firewall. That's our infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

Everything is fine as far as our implementation goes.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, pricing is always too high of course.

We just implemented a new server a year and a half ago. But prior to that, we were using the same software for about six-seven years.

We are about 35 users using Microsoft Virtual Server at our company.

We've been running the FortiGate firewall for about a year and a bit now. For the most part, I work with a company not local to us, but they are the ones that look after the backend of our network. They're the ones that look after that firewall, but I've worked with it a little bit. We've got a local ADE firewall.

We just bought the perpetual licensing for the Microsoft Virtual Server.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would give Microsoft Virtual Server an 8.

More Microsoft Virtual Server reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, NextAxiom, Inuvika and others in Application Virtualization. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.