Microsoft Visual Studio Review
Visual Studio .Net is the Best IDE for Programmers and IT Students

Valuable Features:

It was in 2004 when I first experienced Visual Studio 2003 as an IT student. Now that I am working as a programmer, I used the newer version which is Visual Studio 2008. Here are the few reasons why I chose .Net for so many years: • I can create console, Windows form, Web Forms, Smart device and mobile applications, XML web and windows services using different languages such as Visual Basic, C#, J# and C++ • I love the drag and drop ability of the items and controls using Visual Designers • I love the Toolbox with many useful and unique items that even Netbeans or Eclipse does not have such as Timer, DateTimePicker, Process Dialog and etc. • I adore the integrated, highly professional looking Crystal in VS 2008 and later versions • Express editions are free and suitable for students

Room for Improvement:

• Visual Studio.Net is only used for Microsoft Windows Operating system. • Other than the express edition, Visual studio products are not for free. • Crystal Report is not included in Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 and requires a separate download.

Other Advice:

Being an educator and a programmer for 8 years, I can say that Visual Studio .Net is the best development tool for desktop and web applications. I am absolutely recommending Visual Studio .Net to my fellow programmers, web developers and even to students, hobbyists and new learners.

2 Comments

it_user3876Consultant

Express edition is free, but it lacks some important features that are required for development of large projects like source code control option and Accessibility checker.

22 May 13
it_user6579Consultant

Nicely explained article, I really agree with author on some points that are:

1) Provide great feature for creating User Interface with drag and drop functionality
2) Provides flexibility to use different computer languages for creating the windows based application
3) And the most beneficial feature of .NET framework is Intellisense which helps the developers to code in speedy and efficient way.
4) The applications written on .NET platform may appear or work differently on another Operating Systems i.e Not much platform independent.

27 July 13