Microsoft Visual Studio Review

Integrates well with different databases for both desktop and web application development

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution to develop desktop and web applications. I have it deployed on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integration with different databases. There are many different databases that it supports.

What needs improvement?

The reporting services are quite limited in terms of features and need to be improved.

I would like to see installation and packaging features added to the next release of this solution.

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

This is a stable solution.

I have not needed to work with applications that needed scaling.

I think that it can handle many users, but we have between five and ten people using it.

The technical support by Microsoft is quite good.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward. It was quite fast to deploy, measured in minutes. One person is enough for deployment and maintenance.

I installed the solution myself.

We did evaluate other options but choose this solution because it was more integrated with Windows.

What other advice do I have?

For anybody who is implementing this solution, I would suggest checking the reporting services beforehand. They can create limitations.

Adding the installation and packaging features are really important and would improve the product a lot.

1 visitor found this review helpful