Microsoft Windows Defender Review

Affordable and straightforward without much to improve for personal use

What is our primary use case?

I installed Windows Defender for personal use for my protection of my personal PC. I use it as an antivirus system so that I do not have any exposure to viruses on my PC. Obviously, I do not want to leave my PC open to virus threats. I have only used it on my personal PCs with the license I got for Office 365. I keep my patches and descriptions updated on my PC.

Defender is installed only one one of my laptops. I am sure I will continue using it there as long as the licensing is valid.

What is most valuable?

I really have not really worked with it that much to be able to customize my approach with it or anything like that. It pretty straightforward to install and use.

What needs improvement?

I do not find that there is very much about it that needs to be improved. Everything can be cheaper I am sure. So, it could be less expansive.

It has been about six months now since I started using Microsoft Windows Defender.

It is stable.

I am sure it is a scalable product.

I was just using or trying to get a personal PC secure using a product I got as part of the Office 365 package. There was no previous product installed.

I found that it was pretty straightforward to install and use. You install it and it is working almost immediately.

I think that the product is affordable. At least it was for me. It is part of the Office 365 package.

What other advice do I have?

I have used it enough to be sure that I could recommend it for home use on a PC.

On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate Defender as a nine-out-of-ten based on my experience.

More Microsoft Windows Defender reviews from users