Microsoft Windows Defender Review

Useful real-time protection features and excellent updates

What is most valuable?

I find the layer protection and real-time protection very useful because when I launch a program, I always have a notification and an alarm. Sometimes I am on a program on Windows Defender and sometimes on Kaspersky and it shows up on whatever I am using. I like the real-time protection features. Windows Defender will detect if there's a threat like a Trojan or something like that but Kaspersky lets it run normally.

What needs improvement?

This solution is not perfect. Sometimes it detects something and it's not a threat. The good news is that you can restore something and analyze it better and you can restore the file and copy it or disable the defender and run it again.

The system can always be simplified and have a better integration check. More detailed reports would be good. When it does the integrated check, it just shows if the system is okay but I want to know what happened.

I've been using the solution for three to four years.

The solution is stable but sometimes when you do a security update when it starts, you see the hinge process in Task Manager. It also sometimes corrupts the PC. You need to either start it or recalibrate. If the installation happened without it starting, like patching without starting, it's better.

With Windows Defender, it will want to do these updates so that when you install an update it has to be done with a Windows update and then you can start. If you can manage it easily in a natural phase like updating security, ejecting and installing, it's better. Like checking a box.

I'm not sure about scalability. I think if you have an enterprise license and more features in an enterprise package it will be good. We have about 200 users.

I haven't personally used technical support.

The initial setup was easy. It's easy to install and maintain.

What other advice do I have?

The majority of the updates are really good.

I would rate this solution eight out of 10.