Microsoft Windows Defender Review

Has prevented all viruses since we implemented it

What is most valuable?

The solution is really fast. I have never experienced any viruses since I've been using it.

What needs improvement?

I think the console can be better.

The end-user also cannot do some advanced actions on it. It's a little bit complicated for our end-user, so it needs to be simplified.

I think the solution is complicated. This one is one of the concerns that I like to talk about because some end-users do not know how to navigate through the console and how to work with them. I think this is not such a big deal, but I know that there will be other things that may be important to us like, how we can centrally manage users and reports are really important for us. For example, in Kaspersky, we had a problem where we couldn't detect the attacks that we had in some of our zones in our data center. I think if Microsoft Windows Defender can report these things, it's going to be great.

I've been using the solution for six years.

It's really stable. I've used a lot of products, like ESET and Kaspersky. None of them are comparable with this one. This one is much better.

To scale the solution, I think you need more licenses but I'm not sure. We have 100 to 1,000 users. We just use it for some end users, not for all the users. The users are mainly end-users and a few admins. We plan to increase users annually.

We used other solutions, like ESET and Kaspersky. We had to change at first due to user complaints, especially about Kaspersky, because it used a lot of the resources. So we switched to ESET but after some time we just switched to Windows Defender

The initial setup was really easy, a no brainer.

I installed the solution on my own.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution because I can confidently tell everyone that this product is working very well and it's stable. You are always sure that they are able to deal with a virus or something else that may interrupt your work.

I would rate this solution nine out of 10.