Microsoft Windows Defender Review

An excellent well-integrated solution that's stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use it for myself and my businesses as a protection solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the protection given via the antivirus.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to improve its ransomware. It's not so good. It could also use some general performance optimization for the computers the solution operates on, to ensure it does not slow down the devices.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is easily scalable. I'm always trying to increase the usage to maximize the capabilities of the product offering. As soon as new capabilities appear I will expand usage to include them. In terms of physical expansion to other devices, I already have the solution on all of my devices.

I've never needed to contact technical support.

I did previously use a different solution, but it was more convenient to work with Defender. I wanted to use the same provider. I'm using the Microsoft operating system and Microsoft applications. It seemed to be a logical step.

Defender is integrated into the operating system. It's integrated with everything. You don't have to spend time analyzing what you have to do to be sure that the integration is okay between the security tool and all the other apps. This, from my point of view, is the main advantage.

Initially, a few years ago, the setup was not so easy. Now, with Windows 10, it's automatic. It's already within the system, so now we don't have to worry. Initially, before Windows 10, we had to install it. It was not so complicated, but a bit more complicated than now where you don't have to do anything at all. Originally, the deployment took about 10-15 minutes. You only need one person for deployment and maintenance. With the 2000 version, maintenance is almost nonexistent. You just follow up and approve the updates. It's a fraction of the time.

I implemented the solution myself.

You have a standard licensing fee. As far as I know, there are no other costs above and beyond this.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the public cloud deployment model of the solution.

I would recommend the solution. I would rate it ten out of ten.