Microsoft Windows Defender Review

Intuitive, easy to use, and good for people who don't have much experience in security

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to defend from viruses.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it's easy to use and the updates are very simple.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to set up any kind of protection I want in the firewall, any IP address or any number.

I would like to be able to customize my protection on the dashboard.

It's a good product but it is limited in some cases. I had a bad experience because a few weeks ago I was in Seoul in Korea and with my Dropbox, my children did some things on my computer at home and I got ransomware to Defender and it corrupted my whole Dropbox. The stability can use improvement.

It's easy to document new people. With the dashboard, I can set up rules to protect myself from any IP address coming from an external network.

We use this solution daily. We don't have plans to increase the usage.

We have around ten to twelve users. They are only users, not admins. We only require one admin. A guy sometimes comes to set up a desktop and do the configuration.

We have never needed to contact their technical support.

The cost is per-user. We pay more for an Enterprise license.

What other advice do I have?

I would say this is a good product. It's very intuitive, easy to use, and very good for people who don't have much experience in security.

This a very good product because every time there is an update it corrects any issues. It can help an enterprise go up.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.