MicroStrategy Review

Very stable but needs industry-based tutorials and proper support

What is our primary use case?

We create dashboards and reports for top management.

What is most valuable?

It is very stable.

What needs improvement?

They should give proper industry-based tutorials so that one can learn it easily and implement it based on the requirements. They should give more MMP files so that we can import a whole project altogether and learn from that project.

I have been using MicroStrategy for one year.

It is very stable.

I have been using it only for a year. I am not sure about its scalability. We have ten users who use it in our organization.

There is no proper support. Their support needs to be improved. Whenever we call them, they ask us to get professional services. I previously took professional services for $2,000. When I reached out to them for another issue, they again asked me to go for professional services. I cannot pay for professional services every now and then.

I didn't use any other product before. I was just using a dashboard that I made through PHP programming.

It was very complicated. I was installing the MSTR library on Linux. It took me two months. It is very easy to install MSTR on Windows.

I installed it on my own.

They offer yearly as well as perpetual licenses.

What other advice do I have?

I am not satisfied with this solution. I would rate MicroStrategy a seven out of ten.

More MicroStrategy reviews from users
...who compared it with Tableau
Learn what your peers think about MicroStrategy. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.