MicroStrategy Review

Great reporting, has powerful AI features, and perfect for enterprise-level businesses

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution with enterprise-level financial companies, as well as retail and telecom organizations.

What is most valuable?

There are lots of features that provide very robust functionalities.

The solution is ideal for enterprise-level companies or corporations.

The stability is very good.

The solution has very good reporting tools. The reporting on the solution is excellent.

The solution offers some very powerful AI features.

What needs improvement?

We've found the scalability to be very good. However, it depends on the environment. In general, it could be much better.

We've been dealing with the solution for 25 years. It's been more than two decades. It's been a very long time.

The stability is excellent. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't seem to crash or freeze. Its performance is good overall. It's a reliable product.

The scalability capabilities depend on the customer's environment. It depends on the infrastructure.

There are both premium and standard options. MicroStrategy works on the customer's infrastructure. This is a very different approach than, for example, Power BI.

There could be better scaling tools put into place.

We have more than 2,000 users on the solution currently. There are potentially a lot of users. In Turkey, all of the financial companies or retail companies, and other sizeable companies in the country use MicroStrategy.

Technically, we don't need Microstrategy support. We typically handle troubleshooting ourselves.

That said, on the production side, we're happy to coordinate with support, however, we've rarely faced any issues that would require assistance.

We also sell Microsoft BI. Commonly, enterprise-level or corporate-level companies use the MicroStrategy, however, SMB companies prefer Power BI.

MicroStrategy's installation takes time. However, it doesn't take weeks, for example. It only really takes a couple of days. In contrast, however, with Power BI there is no installation process at all. You just buy a license. After that, your Power BI is open.

I'm not sure of the actual cost of the solution. Licensing is not handled by my department. I can't speak to if it is reasonably priced or more on the expensive side.

What other advice do I have?

We are the company that handles approximately 95% of MicroStrategy implementation in Turkey. We are a distributor and a reseller.

I highly recommend MicroStrategy for enterprise-level companies. It brings some discipline to the industries for customers. Power BI, of course, is an option, however, part of it is like Excel or like a very free low-cost tool.

A MicroStrategy implementer must synchronize with the customer and the application. You need to play with the features a bit and customize them to your needs. You cannot just list reports. You have to take some time to put some structure into the solution so that it works how you need it to.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. There are some excellent features on offer, which is why I rated it so highly.

More MicroStrategy reviews from users
...who compared it with Tableau
Learn what your peers think about MicroStrategy. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.