MicroStrategy Review

It has server distribution to publish the dashboards and reports in different formats.

What is most valuable?

It is one of the best BI reporting tools as per Gartner. It is a complete reporting bundle, which includes reports/dashboards/document creation along with Cube.

It also comes with self-service analysis that helps the user carry out short analysis within the corporate level. It has a good administrator tool to handle the administrative part. It has server distribution to publish the dashboards and reports from the end user in different formats as well.

It includes lots of other features that help to take the reporting to the next level; for example, R Integration that supports more than 70 databases.

It has strong metadata in the architecture, which makes a huge difference with the other tools in the market.

How has it helped my organization?

It's a DSS tool. Thus, for analysis in an analytics-oriented company, it has made a huge difference in their decisions.

What needs improvement?

This product needs to be ready to use at the enterprise level . As the market is growing and changing very fast, sometimes the development team does not have sufficient time to incorporate requirements within the given time frame. Thus, some solutions should be ready to use, i.e., the plug and play functionality for solutions at the enterprise level.

I have used this solution for more than 10 years.

Not many issues were encountered in terms of stability; there were only a few defects which were resolved in later releases.

There were no scalability issues.

I would give the technical support a 8 out of 10 rating.

Previously, I have used different solutions. However, I have found MicroStrategy better than any other tool.

A few configurations are needed as per requirement.

The pricing policy is good compared to other products in the market. It's a license-based software.

We did not evaluate other options. As we know, it's the best solution.