MicroStrategy Review

Business Intelligence & analytics tool--Microstrategy expert review

What is most valuable?

Schema updates help us to cope up with enterprise business definition changes.

Reports auto-styling allows us to design stunning report output, differentiating the result set for better understanding of the business users.

VLDB properties allow you to customize the SQL that MicroStrategy generates. These settings affect how MicroStrategy Intelligence Server manages joins, metric calculations, and query optimizations.

How has it helped my organization?

• Enterprise wide reporting capability.
  • Self-service reporting & analysis.
  • Extensive analysis of business units function: It provides various metrics and by using drill through and drill across functionality.
  • Ease of understanding of various performance measures using widget features.

What needs improvement?

The flexibility to work with agile data model updates.

We have used MicroStrategy for 6+ years.

Nil

We have encountered stability issues with regards to Metadata db being crashed and need to reload the Project and configure it to various Project repositories

We have encountered no scalability issues.

Technical support is very good.

We worked with IBM Cognos and its business adaption due to its rich data visualization capabilities, widget creation, etc.

Setup was easy. By creating a unified project model with the organizational standards, business rules, and project design, the underlying data model design is streamlined resulting in consistent reporting and analysis across the enterprise.

It’s cloud version pricing is competitive and in sync with market demand.

What other advice do I have?

For an enterprise-wide DWBI implementation, MicroStrategy is a great choice. Evaluate your organizational needs to go in either for on-premises or cloud version of the product to control your project budget.