MicroStrategy Review

The dashboards can be exported as .mht files, which can be sent by email or published on our intranet.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable thing is not the product. It's having a product for BI. We first made a lot of dashboards. They are very useful for management and automatic reports with summarized data.

The dashboards can be exported to MHT. This allow us send them by email, or publish in our intranet and sync in mobile devices so they can use it off line.

How has it helped my organization?

We have centralized a lot of reports. We all are using the same data. We've discussed a lot about the significance of some terms.

What needs improvement?

The administration of automatic email reports is not very good. It has to be improved in a more easily and effective way, with the same license.
I would like to see data mining integrated.

I have used MicroStrategy for five years.

We have not had stability issues.

We have not had scalability issues.

We have had no technical issues.

We used Oracle Discoverer but it was very poor.

We have a very smooth setup. This was because we began with a small project that includes installation.

Setup is not complex.

We evaluated an Oracle BI product, I think it was former PeopleSoft, but we choose MicroStrategy because .mht files cab be sent by email and you can use it without internet access.

What other advice do I have?

The main effort is making the DW and the models. The rest is not so difficult, but you have to implement a corporative strategy to stop using any other reporting system.