MicroStrategy Review
Enabled our end users to do their own reports with little to no training. Metadata management could be improved.

What is most valuable?

Ease of use was valuable. It enabled our end users to do their own reports as self-service with little to no training, thus requiring less support.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed end users to self-service their reports.

What needs improvement?

Metadata management could be improved. When you delete an object, if there is any object directly linked the metadata, this may become corrupted and break the software. The only way to restore it is to delete the linked objects, whether or not you know which of them have this issue.

I have used this solution for eighteen months.

We did encounter stability issues. We had a serious metadata corruption problem.

The cost of licensing made scalability unprofitable.

We would give technical support a rating of 5/10. The existing whitepapers and documentation were very useful, but actual support never answered us.

I cannot comment, as I took the server that was already set up by a previous colleague.

This all depends on your budget.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure there is enough of a budget for continued support, or look for a different product where there is a bigger community.