MicroStrategy Review
Enabled our end users to do their own reports with little to no training. Metadata management could be improved.

Valuable Features

Ease of use was valuable. It enabled our end users to do their own reports as self-service with little to no training, thus requiring less support.

Improvements to My Organization

It allowed end users to self-service their reports.

Room for Improvement

Metadata management could be improved. When you delete an object, if there is any object directly linked the metadata, this may become corrupted and break the software. The only way to restore it is to delete the linked objects, whether or not you know which of them have this issue.

Use of Solution

I have used this solution for eighteen months.

We did encounter stability issues. We had a serious metadata corruption problem.

The cost of licensing made scalability unprofitable.

We would give technical support a rating of 5/10. The existing whitepapers and documentation were very useful, but actual support never answered us.

I cannot comment, as I took the server that was already set up by a previous colleague.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

This all depends on your budget.

Other Advice

Ensure there is enough of a budget for continued support, or look for a different product where there is a bigger community.