MicroStrategy Review

Handles ad hoc queries and provides formatted reports. The In-Memory Capability needs a lot of improvement.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature is the way it handles ad hoc queries and provides formatted reports.

What needs improvement?

The In-Memory Capability (cubes) needs a lot of improvement. They have tried a couple of new things in version 10.x, but it has stability issues.

I have been using MicroStrategy for the past 10 years.

The current version that I am using is stable but it lacks some features. Also, version 10.x has some stability issues.

We haven't faced much of an issue in terms of the scalability. However, due to its design (as it is very tightly coupled with the database), it depends on databases a lot, which might be a big concern for scalability.

Technical support depends on which tech support center is answering your queries. The US-based tech centers are very good as compared to the centers in Asia.

The pricing for MicroStrategy is always on the higher side. They should seriously start thinking about their pricing and licensing strategy.

We evaluated SAP BusinessObjects as it was one of the enterprise-level tools at that point of time.