MicroStrategy Review

We use it for operations and sales data analysis

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for operations analysis and sales data analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

We are still getting it setup, so it is hard to say how it is going to perform. We are not really live yet. We are in the setup and test phase.

We do plan on rolling out the Self-Service to our business teams.

What is most valuable?

The dashboarding is probably the best feature for us. It is something that we have not had in the past.

We prefer having our analytics capabilities in a single platform, which MicroStrategy's offers.

In 2018, we will probably be using the documents and dashboards.

What needs improvement?

MicroStrategy seems to be very easy to use; user-friendly. Getting our data to work with it is where we are having issues.

Still implementing.

We have not really scaled much.

I have not used technical support yet.

I was more on the data side getting it ready, not the administration of the product. The complexity is with our data, not really MicroStrategy.

Probably Tableau and some others, but I was not really involved in the decision process.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: They need to fit what we are trying to accomplish.