MicroStrategy Review

It has a robust, analytical platform that we use for self-service analytics

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to use for the self-service analytics and data sense, mostly in terms of the analytical platform.

How has it helped my organization?

We cannot measure in terms of values or pounds. However, it definitely impacts people, who are excited to use it.

We are looking forward to distributing personalized alerts to our users using the native mobile push notification systems. We will also eventually configure our mobile apps to work offline.

What is most valuable?

• Visual Insight; now Dossiers
  • Its robust, analytical predictor
  • How we can enable program leaders, so they can be enabled to do their own jobs rather than depending on IT.
  • We are using MicroStrategy's Writeback capabilities for retail.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, it has become too complex to upgrade and adjust to the ecosystem in general.

Needs more visual essence and connectors for the ecosystems, which would be easy to use. Easy to use in corporate and to implement in the ecosystem, and not too complex in terms of implementing and enabling, then that is what we will do.

More than five years.

Stability is good.

Scalability is something which will need to be improved when it goes to a bigger audience.

Technical support is knowledgeable. The right person gets back to us whenever we email them. I would rate them as an eight out of 10, most of the time.

The initial setup is in-between straightforward and complex. It is not too complex.

We did it on our own, but sometimes we had some challenges, such as you do not know how it will react. This is one of the things which comes with usability. We would try to reach out to technical support for their help when this happened.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: We look for their capabilities, what they have developed, and what they are up to in terms of innovation and creativity. Mostly, we consider that if you are creative, you can do anything.