MicroStrategy Review

Used by all the store managers to track sales, stock, and inventory

What is our primary use case?

We use MicroStrategy to generate enterprise-wide reports. It is used by all the store managers to track sales, stock, inventory, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps all the store managers and supply chain people to obtain a view of the data and plan the next week, the next month, quarters, and so on.

We are still learning on our journey of how to roll out Visual Insights to all the business users and how much data input capability should be given to them.

In 2018, we plan on using Visual Insights heavily.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are drill down, dashboards, documents, bringing everything under one roof, and visualizations.

We are using mobile analytics, and it is amazing.

While we prefer having the analytic capabilities in single platform, it does depends on the use case.

What needs improvement?

More visualizations out-of-the-box. That would be my top priority. For example, the cool things that you see in 3D visualizations, if those could be made. If some of those things could be made available in MicroStrategy, that would be great.

More than five years.

It is pretty good. We have not had any issues so far.

Scalability is the best thing. You can really scale. It has already scaled to approximately 2000 stores and more than 15,000 users.

Whenever we have had some issues, we have contacted the technical support, and they are knowledgeable. However, it never really gets to the point where we are contacting them, because a lot of resources are available on MicroStrategy's support site, which is helpful.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

MicroStrategy was a little late with Visual Insights, but it is one tool which you can find everything.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

1. Technology