MicroStrategy Review

Its flexibility and performance help make our organization more efficient, less expensive

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to use the business intelligence tool for court data, to make the court and judges work more efficiently, faster, and less expensive.

It's performing well, we are expecting a major breakthrough this year regarding the analytics bot.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility.

And looking ahead in 2018, we expect to be using dashboards and, hopefully, Dossier.

What needs improvement?

I would try to make it a little more basic, user-friendly. In terms of the UX, it's a bit sluggish there.

You should ask me this question when we get to version 10.10.

We have had downtime with the current version but I wouldn't put that on MicroStrategy. Maybe it's MicroStrategy's fault, but I wouldn't it put it that way.

I think the scalability is excellent.

We haven't used tech support directlly, we have our partners to help us.

What other advice do I have?

Regarding rolling out self-service to business teams with MicroStrategy, we have been thinking about it, but I doubt that we will.

As for having the analytic capability in a single platform like MicroStrategy, versus many-point solutions, we naturally prefer one platform. This is because of a single, standard mode. We don't have to scatter and search through eleven different platforms when there's only one there.

We are thinking about investing in the mobile platform of MicroStrategy but I can't say positive, we will, or negative, we won't. I don't know at this point.

For me, the most important criteria when selecting vendor, in general, are

• flexibility
  • and their Interest in work with us - I like devotion to our interests.

You should have a clear goal, and focus on a single thing for the tool, to yield the best results as fast as possible.