MicroStrategy Review

Incorporates a set of tools and utilities of incredible analysis that greatly facilitate the construction of elaborated reports

What is our primary use case?

I have been using MicroStrategy for the last 10 years in the health sector in private healthcare, designing reports and scorecards for healthcare and billing areas, with health indicators including monthly and annual accumulators compared to the last few years.

I developed reports that were distributed daily by email to heads of departments and directors of hospitals of the company, with the information of each of them.

How has it helped my organization?

With the MicroStrategy reports, we got the directors of each hospital and each department to have daily information on the status of each center, with the time evolution, to make decisions based on real data and take corrective measures against trends in activity or billing, analyzing niches of activity or specialties that show seasonality.

What is most valuable?

MicroStrategy incorporates in itself a set of tools and utilities of incredible analysis that greatly facilitate the construction of elaborated reports.

The evolution of MicroStrategy in its latest versions facilitates the construction of objects, although it still allows the definition of schemes in the projects that give the reports a lot of functionality in navigation (drill-down), filters, ...

What needs improvement?

It is essential to have a good project partner in the beginning with MicroStrategy to be able to use their full potential. It is not a work tool that can be controlled in 2 days (triggers, attributes, derived metrics, transformations, etc) but I can assure you that there has not been any project that you have tried with MicroStrategy that has not been a success.

More than five years.

Great!

Good.

No, I didn't.

It is very difficult to quantify the possibility of having the information analyzed from a large company with data from the previous day and some in real time. For me, the ROI is total since the first report was sent.

It is important to make an analysis of consumer users of reports that will interact with MicroStrategy because it is what most will condition the investment. It is necessary to take into account the training of the architects and designers of the project to try to internalize them since the dependence of a third party can be very expensive in the medium-long term.

No, we didn't. Currently, we have other tools that coexist with MicroStrategy (Power BI) but there are certain reports that by volume and functionality, we continue to develop them in Microstrategy.

What other advice do I have?

For me, it's the best tool for BI.