MicroStrategy Usher Review

The Universe Designer allows users to manipulate data without facing databases' inherent complexity.

What is most valuable?

The Universe Designer is this product’s most valuable feature because it functions as a semantic layer that allows the users to manipulate data without facing databases' inherent complexity.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows self-service business intelligence, empowering the users and decreasing their dependency on the IT people. It also allows the developers to focus on more value-added activities, so in the end, I consider it a win-win situation.

What needs improvement?

The Web Intelligence graphic capabilities can be improved. They exist, but they are quite basic. These days, users require more advanced graphic capabilities than the ones provided by this version. One example that I can use is that once, we required a waterfall graph and it wasn't available, so we needed a workaround in order to overcome this limitation.

I have used it for three years.

We have encountered stability issues, but only rarely.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is good.

I did not previously use a different solution.

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Evaluate Power BI & MicroStrategy.

3.1
More MicroStrategy Usher reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about MicroStrategy Usher vs. Salesforce Identity and other solutions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.