MicroStrategy Usher Review

Improved the way to exploit and analyze data and offers no interruptions in service when running

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for project build systems and soil survey.

How has it helped my organization?

Usher has improved the way to exploit and analyze data.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is it's non-stop application. It continues to run so there are no interruptions to customers. It's also able to reach many people.

The solution has good analysis features to make sure there's good sizing (so that it's not too big or too small) and allows room for growth if a company needs it.

What needs improvement?

The pricing needs improvement, it need to lower prices per user to make it more accessible.

In terms of new features, I'm not sure what can be improved. I need to do more research before I comment on anything like that.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is scalable. Right now, we have about 60,000 users. We use the product quite extensively and we do plan to increase usage.

Technical support has been very good. We use technical support from a local advisor but we typically tend to manage our own technical support in house.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup was complex. It's a new technology, so sometimes there are problems with customers not understanding what things mean. We're still in the process of deploying the solution and estimate it will take half a year to both implement and analyze how well the solution is working for us.

We used a reseller in our country that assisted with the implementation.

There is a free desktop version that provides powerful self-service analysis, I really recommend it.

We previously evaluated Power BI.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model.

I'd give the solution an eight out of ten.

More MicroStrategy Usher reviews from users