MikroTik Cloud Router Switch Review

Easy to configure, scalable, and the GUI makes it easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and this is one of the products that we implement for our customers. It is a GUI-based router used as part of a corporate-level network infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

This product is easy to configure.

The GUI is easy to use.

When an update is released it is easy to download and install.

What needs improvement?

If MikroTik had a marketing team and support team in India then it would be much easier for us to get the product, as well as support.

I have been using this product for the last five years.

This is a stable product and we plan to continue selling it in the future.

We use this product in small or medium-scale corporations. We have companies with up to 10,000 users.

In India, there is no distributor for MikroTik so there is no direct technical support. However, we don't need support because it is easy to use.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It takes perhaps ten minutes to deploy.

We did the implementation ourselves.

This product has a one-time cost and there is no licensing fee. This is unlike Cisco.

The MikroTik Cloud Router Switch is good but as a brand name, Cisco is always number one. This is why we use Cisco, rather than MikroTik, for banking applications. On the other hand, I would rate MikroTik a five-star rating for configuration, whereas I would rate Cisco with one star.

What other advice do I have?

CRS
More MikroTik Cloud Router Switch reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Enterprise Routers
Find out what your peers are saying about MikroTik, Cisco, Huawei and others in Routers. Updated: June 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.