MikroTik Routers and Switches Review

Great wireless connectivity with a price-performance ratio to match

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution for switch and routing.

What is most valuable?

This solution is easy to configure and it's very flexible.

What needs improvement?

The batch management could be improved.

I have been using this solution for approximately three to five years.

This solution is both very stable and scalable; we haven't experienced any issues with bugs.

We haven't had to contact technical support. We have a team of six engineers that handle all maintenance related issues.

For switches, we use Cisco. We are familiar with them and so are our clients. They are comfortable with the higher price.

The complexity of the initial setup depends on the client. The deployment can take a few weeks.

What other advice do I have?

MikroTik Routers and Switches are great. If you are having issues understanding how to properly use them, study materials and video lessons are available for a low-cost.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give MikroTik Routers and Switches a rating of eight.

The price-performance is great. I am sure there is a better solution out there (maybe Cisco ISR), but it would be more expensive.

More MikroTik Routers and Switches reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with Cisco Enterprise Routers
Learn what your peers think about MikroTik Routers and Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.