MikroTik Routers and Switches Review

Stable, scalable, and easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use MikroTik Routers. We use them for laboratory and integral solution purposes and different kinds of load balancing and network switching. We also use them for different kinds of use cases that highly rely on network switching. I am using the latest version, and I do automatic updates.

What is most valuable?

They are stable.

What needs improvement?

It would be very good if these products are accessible via different kinds of shells and GUI. It will make these solutions very usable.

I have been using this solution for a few years.

They are stable.

They are scalable. The number of users varies based on the usage of the company, but generally, we have between 20 to 100 users.

I never used their technical support.

I didn't have any difficulty with the initial setup. They provide different kinds of documentation. As long as they provide an installation document, I don't have any problem with these installations and different kinds of procedures.

I installed it myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. We plan to keep using this solution.

I would rate MikroTik Routers an eight out of ten.

More MikroTik Routers and Switches reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with Cisco Enterprise Routers
Learn what your peers think about MikroTik Routers and Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.