MikroTik Routers and Switches Review

Cost-effective, resilient, and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

We have a website with online shopping, and the MikroTik products are part of our network infrastructure. We also resell these products, and our customers buy them for both wired routing and wireless access points.

What is most valuable?

This equipment is resilient and available at a good price.

The operating system on the router, RouterOS, is open-source.

What needs improvement?

The Soft-GRE support needs to be improved.

To use this product, people must have some network knowledge and a little bit of training on the MikroTik devices.

The payment conditions from the manufacture need to be improved. Nobody wants to pay immediately, especially for large companies like ISPs and big corporations.

I have been working with MikroTik Routers and Switches for 12 years.

In the past, we had heard complaints about stability. At this time, they are very stable.

As we are a master distributor, we have direct access to the MikroTik support team.

The technical support team is good, and we haven't had any issues with them.

This is not an easy product to install. You must have a little bit of training. For example, the IT people need to have a technician course.

Our in-house team is responsible for deployment and maintenance. We have approximately 35 people on our team.

The price of these products is good, which is one of the things that we like the best. When you buy a license, it is for life and you don't need to buy another one every year.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product but everything can improve a little bit. The product is not perfect.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor
More MikroTik Routers and Switches reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with Cisco Enterprise Routers
Learn what your peers think about MikroTik Routers and Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.