MikroTik Routers and Switches Review

Good load balancing capabilities and features for the cost point

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for normal routing, as well as load balancing for internet traffic. I have a dual internet load balancing setup.

This is an on-premises solution.

How has it helped my organization?

The improvement is that we can have two different internet service providers offering 2Mbps each, and you can combine the bandwidth to make it 4Mbps. You can also achieve multiple failovers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is controlling the bandwidth. This is helpful because the users' bandwidth requirements keep changing, and we have three connections to handle the data.

The wireless switches are good.

What needs improvement?

Configuring load balancing requires a very ground-level configuration that is not easy for normal users.

The user interface allows you to do a lot of things, but it is not user-friendly.

I have been using this solution for more than ten years.

This solution is quite stable.

Right now, I am not using it for VPN.

I have not contacted technical support for this solution. If there is a problem then I try to find solutions for the problem online.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

When I first starting working with this solution I found the initial setup to be complex, but now I think that it's easy. It takes approximately ten minutes to deploy, although if you want to set up more advanced features like load balancing then it might take thirty minutes.

One person is suitable for both deployment and maintenance.

I performed the deployment myself.

This product is a one-time purchase.

What other advice do I have?

This is a great product that gives you a lot of good features at that price.