Mimecast Email Security with Targeted Threat Protection Review

Easy-to-use admin console, stable and scalable, and does a good job

What is our primary use case?

It is our spam filter, phishing filter, and executive impersonation filter. We have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It does a good job for us, and its admin console is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Their support should be improved. They are notorious for sending you to knowledge-based articles rather than actually talking to you, but that is, unfortunately, kind of becoming a trend with everything.

In terms of features, I haven't had any complaints. However, I don't like the fact they moved to a paid training subscription model. They used to have a lot of free webinars for training, but they have started to charge for them in the past year.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is stable. We didn't have any issues.

It is scalable. It is used across our entire enterprise. We probably have about 175 people, and they range from our CEO to all the way down to our warehouse people.

They always send you a link to an article rather than call you and talk to you about the problem you're reporting.

It was pretty complex.

We had a third party do the setup for us.

We looked at Microsoft, Proofpoint, and Mimecast.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to take a good look at it. There are a lot of layers to it, and there are parts of Mimecast that we don't even use yet. It is pretty much a beast when it comes to email security, but just make sure you take your time and have somebody who knows how to set it up. Give enough training to your admin. I manage several different pieces, and Mimecast is one of them. It is just an ongoing thing that requires monitoring all day and looking for phishing, impersonations, and things like that. You also have to set up different policies as they come about for block centers and permitted centers. It is almost a full-time job.

I would rate Mimecast Email Security with Targeted Threat Protection an eight out of ten. I don't really have any complaints, and it does its job.

Private Cloud
More Mimecast Email Security with Targeted Threat Protection reviews from users
...who compared it with Proofpoint Email Protection
Learn what your peers think about Mimecast Email Security with Targeted Threat Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.