MIMIX Review
We can perform nightly backups of our production system without taking our production system offline, but be sure to compare prices with other solutions before choosing.

Valuable Features

MIMIX provides local and remote data replication for us, up to the minute. Knowing that our data is in multiple backup locations, provides us with piece of mind as far as a disaster recovery situation is concerned.

Improvements to My Organization

Because we have our production data replicated to a local LPAR, we can perform nightly backups of our production system without taking our production system offline to do them. Also, for system upgrades (software or hardware), we can perform role swaps to our backup systems, and run our processes off of the backup system. Doing this can virtually eliminate all down time associated with the upgrades.

Room for Improvement

None that I have encountered.

Use of Solution

I've been using the Professional version for seven years.

I have not had any issues Visions Solutions could not resolve.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

Good. No concerns/issues.

Excellent. Of the support personnel that I have dealt with, they are top notch in their field both in knowledge and dedication to getting the problem resolved. I have called support both during business hours and outside them, and have received great support at all times. Their online client portal is very easy and intuitive to use, and they provide many resources to give the user the ability to resolve the problem and learn for themselves.

No packaged software. Lots of work-arounds, and piecing things together to try and replicate the same type of solution, but it felt quite inadequate.

I was not originally involved with the initial deployment of the product, but am involved with any new enhancements.

Implementation Team

Vision Solutions did most of the implementation for us.

Other Advice

Look at the price and what it will do for you compared to other products. There might be other products that do a similar thing, but what type of technology are they relying on? Is it efficient and here to stay? Get testimonials from others.