MIMIX Review
We were able to replicate from the live box to the backup machine in minutes without the need to use tapes, however the dashboard information is difficult to dissect to untrained users.

What is most valuable?

Replication speed - while CPU intensive with the right settings, even during peak I/O times, specifically End of Day processing, the replication was very quick, and only a matter of minutes in most cases.

How has it helped my organization?

For data replication purposes, we would migrate users from the live box to the backup machine in a matter of minutes. This was much quicker for the end user and required no restore from tapes.

What needs improvement?

The product dashboard that comes with the product could use some work. While functional, it required intimate knowledge to be able to dissect the information.

I've used it for just over two years.

No major problems were encountered during deployment, however it did take several tweaks to get it working the way we wanted.

No, none, the product worked as designed, it was a matter of customizing it to our workflow.

No issues encountered.

I was pleased with the response time and technical advice, especially in the initial roll-out.

8-9/10 - as good as any tech support that I have worked with.

No real product, just tapes, lots of tapes.

It was fairly straightforward, however there are some complex settings you could find if you dug deep enough, again we did a lot of custom work to get it to work the way we wanted.

Both, as we worked with a vendor team but did the install on our own. I would say that the service technician that we worked with was well prepared and knew what he was doing, and I would give them a solid 7/10.

There is no value that can be assigned when working on a core system and potential downtimes that come with system failures.

Not to my knowledge.

What other advice do I have?

Plan. Plan. Plan, especially with the network folks. There is a lot of data that goes back and forth for the synch to work. We had to work with our internet provider on several instances. I would also advise you to look closely at what really needs to be archived in semi real-time, and plan accordingly. We still used tapes for a good number of files/libraries, and only used Mimix for files that were updated constantly.