MIMIX Review

Most data discrepancies are solved automatically, but they need to fine tune the monitoring criteria to reduce false alarms.

What is most valuable?

The major advantages are:

• Intuitive interface
  • Self-healing properties
  • Logical data structure and application philosophy
  • Low maintenance
  • Excellent support

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed us to have a stable, low maintenance, worry free disaster recovery solution that we can present to our management and our clients.

What needs improvement?

The monitoring part of MIMIX - VSP (Vision Solutions Portal) needs some improvements. They need to fine tune the monitoring criteria to reduce false alarms.

I've used it for four years.

No issues encountered, and the upgrades are almost fully automated.

The data replication never breaks and most data discrepancies are solved automatically in real time, or at night, when the data audit runs with self healing programs.

We have just one instance, and our production is not expanding much over the year. But we produce 150 million records per 24 hours on the system, so it is a significant scale, a unique production environment, and very heavy data replication.

10/10 - they have an excellent response rate.

10/10 - they are unbelievable, this is the best tech support I have ever had. All of them are very kind, and very knowledgeable. When they can't solve the problem by giving me advice, they take over my computer, and keep going until the problem is fixed.

We have used this from day one. I have personally used iCluster in a different company, and I can say that MIMIX is way better.

The installation is almost fully automated - it's walk in the park.

We implemented it through a vendor (Midrange), and they have an excellent level of expertise.

That's difficult to quantify in the IT department as we don't monitor the company's profits. Plus, it's difficult to put a price on loss of client's trust if we were to lose a production system in a 24x7 environment without an adequate disaster recovery solution.

Our implementation is with expensive enterprise level IBM iSeries systems, so the price is adequate to the scale, and importance of the system. And with their support and the application stability, it's worth every penny.

We didn't evaluate other solutions because we mimic a configuration from our application vendor.

What other advice do I have?

It's the best product on the market for enterprise level data replication. If you want to sleep at night, this is the right product for you.

1 visitor found this review helpful