MIMIX Review

The product allows you to replicate critical data and system objects to a target server to be used for backups and failover, but the monitoring tools could be improved.

Valuable Features

Replication Protection and Switching Capabilities. The product allows you to replicate critical data and system objects to a target server to be used for backups and failover.

Improvements to My Organization

We can perform system maintenance such as OS upgrades on the production system after switching the business to the target system.

Room for Improvement

Monitoring tools can be improved but are very useful already.

Use of Solution

I've used it for 15 years.

No, as long as you have adequate bandwidth in place between the systems. I recommend you use a certified consultant for the deployment.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

Excellent. Their team is very knowledgeable and responsive.

Excellent. Their team is very knowledgeable and responsive.

No previous solution used.

It's complex - you need to have a detailed understanding of the environment, and the AS/400 system in general. Network, security, and applications are all part of the process.

Implementation Team

We used a certified consultant who is an IBM partner.

ROI

I am not in finance, but we are utilizing the solution to reduced planned, and unplanned downtime, which can cost the organization hundreds of thousands of dollars per hour.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Not much room for negotiation, but you can try to get at the least first three years of maintenance included in initial cost.

Other Solutions Considered

• IBM iCluster
  • Nomax

Other Advice

I recommend you use a certified consultant for the deployment.